Friday, October 01, 2004

It's dead around here. I am at the lab and there are only about 5 people here. Shawn won't be in for a couple hours yet, Jana's not here and Matt just left. Those are all the people I talk to in the lab. I also am not at all motivated to do any work right now. I could put some files into the database I created, but it's boring work and I don't think I can handle that right now. There's not a lot to do around here with everyone in Washington D.C. for a conference and no one making messes for me to clean up. I am currently trying to find something to buy at biochem stores so I can go talk to the guys there for a while. It doesn't reopen for another 10 minutes though.

Last night I calculated that I have about $60 left after rent and the cable bill for this month. We haven't gotten our electric and phone bills yet, so I probably have about half of the $60. Luckily I get paid Tuesday, but I am making so little right now, that it hardly seems worth it. Oooohhh!!!! I just remembered I get my check from the Gym Nest on Monday!!! It will be a comparatively big one as well. I bet it will be larger than the paycheck I get from working at the lab. Now I am feeling slightly better. I would feel even better if I had deposited the checks from my roomies for the rent and cable bill, but I haven't made it to the bank yet. I just hope the places I wrote the checks to are slower at cashing checks than I am. If the rent check goes through before I deposit those checks today, I am in trouble.

I somehow managed to grab my sunglasses, but not my umbrella today. I discovered how wet you can get while walking from Van Allen to Bowen in the rain. My coat still isn't dry and that was 3 hours ago.

No comments: