Sunday, March 28, 2004

This is why you should not have family members (my dad) at ISU

They tend to send you things like this:

"A farmer in Iowa City was working his cattle one day when he heard
faint music coming from nearby. After hunting about for a time, he
discovered the sound was loudest near one particular calf, and was even
louder near the calf's tail.

Putting his head close to the calf's hind end, he heard the University
of Iowa fight song. Amazed, he put the calf in the truck and drove the
animal to a veterinarian in Ames.

When the vet asked him what was going on, the farmer told him. The vet
went around behind the calf and listened too. He agreed he heard the
University of Iowa fight song but didn't seem particularly excited.

"Man, how can you stand there and not be amazed?" the farmer asked.
The vet, a third generation Iowa State graduate, said, "Bud, I'm a
Cyclone and I've been listening to assholes sing that song all of my
life."

I just reminded him he has two daughters going to U of I and they both have black belts, but then, so does he. Hmmm...

No comments: