Thursday, June 24, 2004

I need more time!!!

Well, I got my laundry done yesterday, but I still have not done any packing. I made a list of what I need to bring, but I am not sure when I will have the time to pack. I also need to do some cleaning because my mom and sis will be staying in my room while I am gone. Lex has orientation July 1 and 2 so they are spending the night here. I am leaving work an hour early today so I can possible get something done before I go to the Nest.

I know I have complained about going to lab meeting, but I kinda like just sitting there for a couple hours spacing off. I was actually almost looking forward to that today, but I didn't get to go because Hela had me do a large PCR (polymerase chain reaction if that helps)for her. I am supposed to be helping her with her research, but I feel like I am just doing the things that she doesn't want to do herself. I am learning some of the techniques involved but not necessarily the thought or logic behind them. It's kind of frustrating.

It is currently 55 degrees!!! A little cool and damp, but I like it sooo much better than 80's. This is insane June weather, but I am not going to complain.

I wish I was more enthused about going to the Nest tonight. I think I need more sleep or caffeine or I could just play with the stuff Josh sent me because it finally came!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Dude! What did you get????

Chelsea said...

I got three highlighters that have heads and feet and names, silly putty, playdough, a kazoo that doesn't work, sponge sea animals that grow in water, bubble gum flavored pop rocks that turn into gum, one of those pics with velvet that you color, and a bunch of things to blow bubbles with. Each thing was wrapped, so I had to unwrap it all!!

leahwipf said...

That is the coolest package EVER! Are you sure the kazoo doesn't work, or is it just that you don't know how to play it? ;)

Chelsea said...

I know how to play a kazoo!!! it doesn't work. I would prove it to you, but that is kinda hard to do in writing.

Amanda said...

Kinda like mispronouncing "Des Moines" in writing. :)


That *is* an awesome package.

leahwipf said...

ok, i believe you!

kristen said...

tee heee heee
how fun!