Sunday, July 25, 2004

As most of you know I went to St. Louis with Josh and Shauna for a party for one of Shauna's friends.  It all went well except for our problem finding restrooms in Illinois.  The first gas station we stopped at on the way there didn't have a working bathroom, then we couldn't find another for about 15 miles.  When we decided to stop at that first place, we really had to go, so by the time we got to the gas station that had bathrooms we really, really had to go.   One the way back the first gas station we tried had really nasty bathrooms.  The toilets were brown and they were supposed to be white.  Then we went to the gas station across the street and the bathrooms there were only slightly better, so we went next door to a restaurant where the bathrooms were tolerable, but the lady in there was playing with her false teeth. 

The party was fun.  I met all these people I kept hearing stories about, so I now have names to put with faces.  They had a couple of kegs (my first kegger ever!), but they were both gone by 10:30.  There were severla large sandwiches, but they had ham, pastrami, and roast beef on them and I don't eat any of those and neither did Josh or Shauna, so we ended up taking all the meat off our sandwiches and eating bread with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.  Actually, Shauna and I made Josh get the sandwiches and he de-meated the sandwiches for us.  Shauna's friend's roomies were gone so she a couple beds for us to sleep in, so we didn't have to sleep on the floor, which was quite nice.  Today we ate lunch at Blueberry Hill and stopped at Sam's and the Schlafly brewery to get the beer before heading back to Iowa. 

Well I am tired and Joanna is coming sometime tomorrow to drop off some stuff so I better get to bed.  I sleepy. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Did you call him a wanker the whole trip?

Or was he still in a mood?

Chelsea said...

He wasn't in a bad mood, but I didn't call him a wanker either. We did discuss it though.

Chelsea said...

i do occasionally, but not very often and not usually on sandwiches.