Monday, September 19, 2005

The new lab space is so nice. We have windows!! We didn't have any windows in our old lab space. It was like a dungeon on the third floor. The view of Iowa City from our conference room is great. I wish I had a camera to get some pictures. It is good to finally be in the new space.

For some reason everyone who doesn't have anything to do asks me. I am the lowly-undergrad-lab assistant and they all look to me when they can't find Carla our lab manager. I honestly don't have a lot for them to do, but that is mostly because I don't trust some of them to do a decent job of some of the things I can come up with so I would rather do them myself. I understand that they don't want to bother Carla because she is very busy, but do they have to look to me. I think I am one of the few people that actually knows where all the stuff is going, but they should be able to figure it out. It's amazing how lost the scientific people can get when what they need to do doesn't require science.

No comments: