Saturday, December 10, 2005

I feel pretty overwhelmed right now. Next week is finals, which is probably where the majority of my "overwhelmedness" comes from. On top of that is the whole graduation ceremony thing. I really don't want to go. It is totally meaningless to me and I can't even afford my cap and gown! I had to borrow money from Josh to pay for them. Actually I haven't gotten them yet. Tomorrow is the last day to buy them, so I guess I will get them then! I half want to not buy them so I can't walk. I am going to walk across that stage for my mom. I also have to figure out how to deal with the whole family issue. I still don't know what I am doing! I guess it's lunch with dad and grandpa and dinner with mom and sis, but I haven't even wanted to think about how that's all going to work out, so I haven't.

I also have two job interviews. One is a phone interview on Monday morning and the other is Thursday afternoon. I would be more excited about them if I knew whether or not I will have a job at the lab I currently work in after I graduate. Dr. Smith hasn't gotten back to me on that yet, and a couple of the women at my lab have been bugging him to get me hired. I don't know if I will be able to work after graduation! I am a student employee and once I graduate I am no longer a student and can no longer be an employee. I don't know when my next pay check will come because I may be unemployed in a week!

I just want this week to be over.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Thanks Lex! Love you too!!! I think we have it all worked out. You and mom may be partying with me and my friends for a little bit!