Thursday, April 13, 2006

Well we had some excitement tonight. We finally get a good storm and I don't get to see any of it because I spent the whole time in the "basement" of the GymNest. We were down there from about 8:00 until 9:30. I was with my landlord, so he kept me updated on the status of my apartment.
The all-clear siren went out at 9:55 or so. I happened to be driving right by the siren on my block when it sounded.

It sounds like downtown IC was hit pretty hard. Apparently classes at the UI are cancelled tomorrow. That is the first time I have ever heard of that happening. I wonder if the university is totally closed. Maybe I won't have to work tomorrow!!!

I really hope no one was hurt. I am sure there were a lot of students downtown because it is Thursday night. I am sad that our favorite Dairy Queen was pretty much wiped out.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The Gym-Nest has a "basement", huh?

I see they've already started rebuilding the DQ, though. Maybe they'll have it up in time for my annual craving.