Friday, June 08, 2007

food science?

Someday I should decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I know I don't want to work as a research assistant forever. It's fine for now but not interesting enough to me to make a career out of it. I have thought about culinary school for quite awhile, but something, I don't know what, has always held me back. I think part of it is the fact that I have a degree in biology that I think should be put to use. A few days ago I stumbled upon an article from over a year ago about Culinology. I must say I am intrigued. It combines my science background with cooking and baking, two of my favorite hobbies.

There are programs in several schools and few are even somewhat close to where I live now(NE, MN, IL). I know I need to make a decision sometime. We already signed our lease for next year, so I have a little time to think and figure it all out. Josh doesn't know how to go about what he wants to do with his life, and I am just starting to figure it out for myself. I wish I was better at making decisions.

No comments: