Thursday, August 02, 2007

Aurelie #1


Aurelie #1
Originally uploaded by chelsealynnw.
Here is the first Aurelie sock. I finished it on Tuesday night and then started the second one. It's just a little short for me so I may frog the toe and add a few more rows, but otherwise I love how it turned out.

I realized one of The Burrow socks is longer than the other. Luckily it's the one I haven't bound off yet so I will rip it back to the correct length and redo the ribbing. I guess that's what I get for knitting while reading.

I also started the River Rapids socks as my first socks for SAMKAL4 and the Sock Knitters Anonymous KAL. I love the pattern so far. It knits up quickly and easily. I packed up my Sockapalooza pal's stuff last night and I just hope I have time to drop it off before I go the GymNest tonight.

Oh yeah, as for how I can knit and read at the same time, I think it only applies to books I can get to lay flat and stockinette stitch. I haven't tried reading while knitting anything with a pattern stitch except when listening to an audiobook, and I am still not sure if I count that as reading.

2 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

I like. . . .wow
pretty!

Terri Lynn said...

Hi Chelsea! You have a nice blog, but then I love anything green! Nice socks you have going on here! Love the yarn! I haven't seen it before! I will have to read more to find out what it is!!!! Did you make your sock blocker? If you did, how?