Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Two more of my sock KALs start today. Luckily the socks I plan to start should meet the requirements of all my KALs! Is that cheating or just good planning? I still need to bind off The Burrow socks. Pure laziness on my part for not doing it. I started the second Aurelie sock last night and will take a pic of the first one when I get home.

Tomorrow is the day to send my Sockapalooza pal's socks. I am including 12oz of coffee I picked up at the farmers' market, some Soak wool wash trial packets and a crocodile shaped notions case. I washed the socks last night and they are still drying on my homemade sock blockers. I was going to make some biscotti to put in the box, but I didn't get around to it last night and I not sure it will happen tonight either. She's a coffee snob like me and most coffee snobs like biscotti. I still don't believe that someone is making socks for me. I have been told they are done and goodies including a frog something are to be included, but I still forget someone knitted socks for me. I probably won't get used to the idea until the package arrives at my front door.

I spent a lot of money last month on gas money for road trips, AAA, sock club yarn and other random stuff so I am trying to cut back in August. My savings isn't accruing as fast as I would like though having some money tucked away in a CD helps me feel slightly better. After purchasing a Wii and it's accessories plus a motorcycle and motorcycle classes I am running a little lower than I like. I am glad I got paid today and it seems the yearly raise happened this month. It's not a lot, but every little bit counts.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

There's never enough money, no matter how much you make. And, have your schedule ready tomorrow, because we are fixing a date to go yarn shopping. We've put it off far too long!