Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I saw my breath!

Yay it's cold! Well, sorta... if you consider 60F cold, and I don't. Anyway, I could see my breath while I was waiting for the bus this morning and I wore part of my winter jacket. I wish it could be fall all year. I guess that would probably make fall less enjoyable though.

I am missing one of my Fetching, so I must make some new ones and I don't like how short the finger portion is. I need to finish some socks before I do that though. Very little progress on Wicked as the rows are getting longer, but after about 10 more I should be starting the sleeves.

I am making shepherd's pie tonight! Can't go wrong with mashed potatoes on top of ground beef and veggies. I don't remember liking it when my mom made it, but then again, I never liked what she cooked when I was a kid except for her stir-fry, egg rolls and crab rangoons. Well, anyway, I love it now and it is perfect for this weather and is great as leftovers. I am bad about eating leftovers. Just ask Josh.

Oh! I almost forgot! We have a two-headed tadpole in the lab. It is really interesting because it has two sets of eyes and when I looked at it under the dissecting microscope it looked perfectly symmetrical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i just told science nerrrrd sister that and she said OH COOL.
total science geek jealousy i sense.

i need to make myself a pair of fingerless mitts!

AndreaLea said...

I had to steal the Dashing mitts I made for my husband this morning since it's so cold. I suppose I should make some Fetchings too.
You should take a picture of this two-headed tadpole. That's interesting that they appear symmetrical, I would not have guessed it to be so.