Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Three Pokes,...

a drawstring bag, two toothbrushes, an apple, long sleeve shirt, a mint,mp3 player/sunglasses/cell phone case, ear plugs, fruit smoothie, a bottle of water, a package of cookies, two pens, a ruler, a small notepad and Baked Cheetos. That is the list of the things I received at the employee health fair today. One of the pokes was a flu shot. One was a poke to the finger to measure my hematocrit and the last poke was to donate blood. I have a good collection of shirts from DeGowin Blood Center for donating blood. The water and cookies were also given to me then. The nurse wrapped my venipuncture with a purple wrap with smiley faces. I must have looked bad because they kept asking me if I was ok. It felt like they asked me more than the previous times I donated.

The last time I remember donating blood we went to The Vine for a late dinner after teaching Tae Kwon Do. I of course ordered a stein which was probably a bad idea. The fluids you lose from donating blood should not be replaced with a beer.

I finally finished Fetching today while sitting for the requisite 10 minutes after donating. I really thought I would finish them on Sunday, the day I started them. hope I brought my darning needle so I can weave in ends while doing washes on the embryos I am working with this afternoon. I made some modifications and I like how they fit a lot better than my first pair. I may slightly felt my first pair to see if I can get a better fit. They are loose and the picot BO curls like crazy.

I caved in and ordered the Malabrigo for the My So Called Scarf. I got the Autumn forest colorway which probably won't go with any of my winter coats, but I don't think I care. Maybe that means I need a new winter coat. I also went ahead and got yarn for making Thermal. I wentwith the Pumpkin colorway.

Now anyone can knit!

Update:

The Malabrigo yarn has shipped alread! My already neglected Christmas knitting and sweater are going to be even more neglected. So are my second Sockapalooza pal's socks. I better finish the first one tonight!