Monday, April 21, 2008

We had some gorgeous weather yesterday. It was close to 70 and sunny. Josh and I took a walk across the river in an area I have always meant to explore. There is a dog park, but I could never figure out how people got to the dog park. Now I do and I also learned of a new housing development I didn't know existed. it's actually a bit creepy and seems almost like it should be in a movie. I think that's partly due to it's newness and lack of people at this time. It is eerily quiet and empty.

We watched the latest UFC on Saturday night. It was a great event with several good fights including the main event. We got some Pokey Stix, which I haven't had since I was a student. I think I am going to snack on some before I go teach at the GymNest tonight.

In other news, my sister and her boyfriend are now engaged. I of course knew before she did, which makes me inordinately happy. Congrats!

Let's see, I finished my Jaywalkers (Ravelry).
Yarn: Zitron Trekking colorway #155
Needles: 2.75mm Knit Picks dpns
Started: July 2007
Finished: April 18, 2008
Mods: Unintentional ones only. I did the toe on the second one differently because I decided I didn't need to read the directions. Barely noticeable, so not getting fixed.

I started two more small projects this weekend, well yesterday. Both are more for Josh than me. I started Sausage Dogs and Trogdor (more info on Trogdor). More toys, I know. I can't stop myself. I also made flat chocolate chip cookies because I decided to follow the recipe instead of what I thought and caramel chex mix.

I also got some new shoes! They were $10 and my size and have owls on them.

4 comments:

AndreaLea said...

Isn't that neighborhood weird?! It's kind of cute but weird. And the listing prices are crazy high.

Hubs and I talked about getting Pokey Stix last week. Please tell me they are not as good as I remember them being.

Libby said...

I completely agree about that development. We go to the Dog Park (you can also get there via the bridge by Iowa River Power) nearly everyday.

Anyway, isn't that neighborhood like Stepford only the houses are insanely close to the road. But a couple of the townhouses look like Sesame Street though. But Andrea's right - the prices are outrageous.

Rachel said...

JayWalkers look great...yet another pattern on my 'LIST'. :) And I never thought the words 'very cute shoes' would come out of my mouth but they have owls on them!! So yes, very cute shoes.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Congrats to your sister. Awesome Trogdor! Love the shoes. $10? You rock!