Monday, June 23, 2008

It is currently 19C (~65F) in the lab right now. My nose is so cold and my toes aren't happy with the situation either. I really wish I had brought my fingerless gloves. They are unable to regulate the temperature in our building and the power plant for the university is still not at full capacity. This means our water pressure is low, the autoclaves aren't operational and we have no deionized water, which is pretty critical for most experiments. It will be an interesting week. I am definitely wearing socks with my shoes tomorrow (no socks with my shoes today) and maybe a sweatshirt instead of my little hoodie. I do have one completed sock in my bag. I could alternate feet. I just started the heel flap on it's mate as I was waiting for the bus this morning.

3 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

I have a question.

I'm thinking about knitting some socks for gifts. How long does it take to knit an average pair of socks?

Also, I have four year old granddaughter with a sock fettish. About how long would it take to knit a pair for a 4 year old?

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

the image of you swapping the sock to give each foot a small chance at warmth made me giggle. But I'm sorry you are in the cold, I hate when that happens!

Chelsea said...

How long does it take knit socks? Well,regarding fingering weight yarn, the quickest I have ever knit a pair of socks is about a week. I usually work on a pair for at least 2 weeks for an hour or two a day on average. Thicker socks would go much faster, but I have only made ones from fingering weight, so I can't really guess how long it takes. I am also not sure how fast I am compared to other knitters out there. Sorry I can't be more helpful