Monday, April 19, 2004

I think I have had a rather successful day. First, after survivng physiscs, I had an interview with the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) program about being a mentor for the freshman in the WISE next year and I think it went pretty well. I don't really think of myself as mentor material, but I want to try to help. My little sister is going to be a freshman chemistry major here next year and I remember that having a mentor was kind of neat, especially since mine was a former rower and knew many of the women on the team with me so we always had something to talk about. It was nice.

Then I made Matt, a guy I work with, a Wal-Mart name tag because he made me a Target name tag. Matt told me I was dressed like a Target employee on Thursday and was still harrassing me about it today so I thought he needed his own name tag. I can't wait to see him tomorrow!!

Later today, I found out from Amanda that I made Josh almost cry because I almost like beer. I would call that a success for some reason. I am not quite sure why, but I will try to figure that out later.

In other news of my successfullness, one of the students at the Nest has brought us candy each night for the last three weeks. It has been great. A couple of the students also remembered my name!!! That was kinda exciting. I didn't have to talk to Randall as long as I usually do on Mondays either. He only made one reference to Star Wars before I left.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to keep my new dress from falling open and I will be good. I think it may involve some safety pins and a black bra.

No comments: