Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I can't believe it is June already.

It was another one of those manic-depressive days. This morning I was not in the best mood. I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do over this next year and I just don't know. Classes haven't been as interesting as I had hoped and I am not feeling very motivated about them. I don't really know if I am in the field I want to be in. I am not sure what I find interesting anymore. I am not sure what I want to do after I graduate. I don't want to go to grad school right away, partly because I dont' know what I want to do and partly because I want a break. Whenever I go home I get asked by everyone what I am doing this summer and what I plan to do after I graduate. It's a small town and almost everyone knows me, so I get asked these two questions a lot. As Amanda and I have been discussing, everyone is in everyone else's business all the time.

It doesn't help that I am not having all that much fun right now at work. Work has been boring and uneventful and I still don't know what my project is going to be this summer. Today was better since Matt, Jana, and I started 'Tip and Lip'. It is a lab themed spin-off of something called 'Stitch and Bitch'. Since we work in a lab we stuff the tip boxes for the pipette tips instead of sewing and talk about whatever comes to mind, generally lab gossip. It was fun and better than doing it alone like I usually do. I don't know what I would do if they weren't in the lab with me.

Amanda has been sending me pictures from the party and the banquet. I love looking at all of them. Some are hilarious. I am getting a pretty good collection of pictures on my computer. I want a digital camera so badly.

Amanda and I went running tonight. It was nice to get a decent workout it. It didn't help that I got back to my apartment and ate a cookie though. She and I sat and talked for about and hour after our run. We started to get cold from the breeze and realized how long we had been sitting there. She still had some work to do at church tonight.

After that my friends Nicole and Laura came over for a little Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. The second episode was some twins. They were so sweet to their whole family. It was fun to watch.

I am not used to my new hair length yet. On Sunday night I decided I wanted my mom to cut my hair, so she said she would. I told her to cut about two inches off. I am not sure how much she cut off, but there was quite a pile of hair on the floor when she was done. My sister also decided I needed bangs so I can brush them across my forehead and look all sexy. I wouldn't say I have bangs now, but the shortest layer around my face is just below my cheekbones and barely goes behind my ears. My hair is now brushing my shoulders. It feels really short thought I don't think it actually is. It's all bouncy and in my face more often than it was before I had it cut. It's horrible having hair in your face when you are wearing latex gloves with scary lab stuff on them. I love having a mom that can cut hair well. In another life I believe she was cutting hair for a living.

I am now going to watch the episode of Family Guy where Peter has his own theme music. I wish I had my own theme music. I think I will just sing as I wander around or I could carry a boom box on my shoulder. That would be cool. I believe this is one of my most random posts yet.

No comments: