Saturday, January 13, 2007

This is not a resolution. It's just for me.

I was finally able to go to the gym today. I think I am pretty much over the cough I have had for the last week. I did the elliptical thingy for half hour and it went well. I only coughed once and I felt pretty good while doing it. I usually do at least 40 minutes on it. I like it a lot better than the treadmill. The only problem is my toes go numb sometimes. I think I may need some different shoes, but I am not willing to get new ones yet. I also bench pressed for a little while and did a little ab work. I intended to do some more on my stability ball when I got home, but I haven't yet. Maybe later tonight when i am watching TV. Oohh, maybe I will do my pilates tape. I haven't done that in while and Josh won't be home to laugh at me since he is working.

Ok, so my goal over the next few weeks is to get myself into a good workout routine. I intend to go to the gym every morning at 6:00. Parking is free then and I should still be able to get to work at a decent time. I may do some evenings if Josh wants to go with me. He also got a gym pass, and I like going to the gym with someone else if I can. It makes the workout go a little faster.

I know I have gained some weight since I graduated college and became a working girl. I am guessing it is due to the drastic decrease in the amount of walking. I used to walk all over campus. I worked on one side of the river and most of my classes were on the other side. I made the trip between the two at least two or three times a day. I would often walk to campus as well. Since I have moved to Coralville walking to campus is not nearly as pleasant.

In May the guy who is the closest I have to a big brother is getting married. I have a green dress that I intended to wear to my friends' wedding, but it didn't arrive until a week after the wedding(I order it over a month in advance). I have not had the chance to wear it yet and now it doesn't fit me very well. I want that to change by May. My goal is to lose enough weight to fit into that dress. I am aiming to lose 1-2 pounds a week over the next couple of months. Since one pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories, I want to burn at least 500 calories more and decrease my caloric intake by 500 calories a day. That's equal to 2 pounds a week. I would love to lose closer to 3 pounds a week, but that would be hard.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck, kiddo. If you need a support group, I'm here for you. I have a less ambitious goal: 20 lbs. this year, so 1 to 2 lbs a month. I've exercised almost every day this year so far, and I'm finding it easier than every other day, since I'm not skipping days (except Thursdays), I need a better excuse to not exercise. If that makes sense.

Chelsea said...

Thanks! Well, I figure if I can get it off then all I have to worry about is maintaining and that should be easier. If I can get myself into a routine it shouldn't be too bad. I am going to the gym in the mornings so I can fit it in even if I am busy in the evening. I usually don't have anything scheduled for 6am except avoiding waking up.