Monday, January 22, 2007

Wanted: cupcake tasters

I will be baking cupcakes for my grandma's 80th birthday in March. Everyone (or family) is supposed to bring 80 of something for the bash. We are having the party catered, but apparently a cake is still needed; that's where my cupcakes come in. I didn't realize this was actually going to be my responsibility. I offered to bake a cake, but I wasn't told that it was a sure thing until my mom called to discuss it. She's stuck on mini bundt cakes, but I am not up to that.

Anyway, I want to do a Snickers cupcake of some sort. Snickers are my granny's fave candy bar. I haven't decided exactly how I want to proceed. One thought was to chop Snickers and sprinkle them on top. Another is to incorporate them into the frosting. I have also considered making a chocolate cupcake with caramel frosting and peanuts on top or a chocolate cupcake filled with caramel, topped with vanilla frosting and peanuts. I also like the idea of baking the cupcakes in little paper cups like here. I think they would be a little easier to handle and transport, and I may not need to buy more mini muffin tins.

No comments: