Thursday, June 14, 2007

I am not a fan of these almost 90 degree days. I grew up without A/C, but I have turned into a wimp when it comes to summer heat since I got A/C. I think I may take my knitting and my HP Order of the Phoenix down to the pool this evening so I can get outside, but still stay cool. My new swim suit arrived yesterday and I intend to make the money I spent on it well worth it.

I started my Sockapalooza pal's sock yesterday and am a 3/4 done with the leg. The slight variations really make the cable stitches stand out. I am quite happy with how it is turning out. The Koigu is lovely to knit with. It's just a little springy and it doesn't split like the yarn for my practice sock does, so it's going a lot faster. Though the color isn't one I would wear a lot, it is still really pretty. The colors are rich, and the yarn has a nice sheen. I took pics, but haven't uploaded them yet.

I decided to stick with the Cable Twist socks instead of the Diagonal Cross-Rib because I like the Cable Twist socks cable pattern a little better and i now under stand how the heel flap works. I am adding an eye of partridge heel like Grumperina.

I may take my lunch outside today too!

No comments: