Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Winnie the Pooh was right

Honey has become my drug of choice to soothe my sore and scratchy throat. Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat at 4:00am. I knew I wasn't getting back to sleep so I made myself a cup of tea with some Irish Breakfast Tea leaves and, on a whim, put some honey in it. I don't usually like my tea sweetened but I thought the honey might help my throat since I always see cough drops made with honey. As soon as I started sipping it my throat felt better. I had been drinking water before with no change. Last night I woke myself up coughing. I had a tickle in my throat that would not go away. I went through a glass of water and a cough drop with no end to the coughing. I decided to try the honey again and it worked immediately. Now if it would help with the tendonitis in my left wrist I would be even happier. At least the sore wrist doesn't affect my sock knitting.

Josh will be brewing tonight so I will have lots of TV knitting time!

Anyone interested in Gulu Walk? Walking is good for you so, you can do something good for yourself while helping someone else!

1 comment:

AndreaLea said...

Try adding a little lemon juice too. I've always found the lemon/honey combo in hot tea soothing for a sore throat.
I hope you feel better soon!