Monday, March 10, 2008

I didn't realize one hour would make such a difference. I generally wake up just before my alarm goes off. Therefor, I was completely surprised when my alarm awakened me this morning. Not only that, but it was rather dark outside! It definitely took me awhile to get going this morning. It helped that it was only 55F in my apartment. The heat was set at 60F but hadn't kicked on. I turned it up and the furnace did turn on, so I know it works. I don't always trust the thermostat in our place.

I made pizza from scratch yesterday. I have a picture, but it is still on my camera. It was fun and quite tasty, though the alfredo sauce I made to top the pizza didn't hold up well during the baking. I think it was because I made a low-fat version which didn't contain any butter so the high heat of the oven didn't agree with it. Maybe adding a bit of olive oil would help. I think I may try a different pizza dough recipe next time, because this one was tricky to roll out. I think I will make another pizza tomorrow night with the blob of dough I have left in the fridge. I want to keep at least a couple pounds of pizza dough in the freezer so I can make pizzas rather than buying them all the time.

I was also going to make a cake yesterday but the headache that started while I was grocery shopping killed that idea pretty quickly. I made peanut butter blondies instead. I didn't measure the peanut butter, so I think I added a bit more than called for. I also skipped the cinnamon and I believe I baked them for less time than called for. I forgot to set the timer so I just pulled them out when I thought they looked done enough. Gotta have a gooey center! I think next time I make these I will decrease the leavening or leave it out all together like the other blondie recipe I use frequently.

ETA: Here's a pizza crust I can get behind. I wouldn't eat all that meat, but the crust sounds excellent!

1 comment:

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Peanut butter blondies sound perfect. How is your bird army coming along? I haven't seen any new additions.