Monday, July 21, 2008

I wish I could blame the storm early this morning for my alarm not going off, but it wasn't to blame since my power didn't go out, as per usual. I swear I set the thing, but it didn't go off. I did wake up and listen to the crazy thunder, lightning, rain and wind. It was a nasty storm, which I of course enjoyed thoroughly while I was awake.

I moved up some more stuff this weekend. I hope we will be able to get the rest of our stuff in one trip, with a few exceptions. The issues with the trucks kind of threw off our plans for this move. I guess that's how it works.

My plan for dinner includes these little guys in a salad and strawberry cobbler/crisp/crumble depending on what I can scrounge up from the items I have left. I think I will have to make bread crumbs in my coffee grinder (after cleaning it, of course). I unthinkingly bought a large volume of strawberries because they were incredibly cheap and in good shape not thinking about how I alone could consume that many in a reasonable amount of time, hence the cobbler/crumble/crisp I will be making.

Well, it's the beginning of my last week of work. I am not quite sure what I think about that yet.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You latched on to the zucchini cakes too I see...I'm making them as soon as some of my zucchini are ready! You'll have to tell me how they are!

There is a lot of overlap between foodgawker and tastespotting...probably subscribing to one is enough. But sometimes different recipes pop up on foodgawker.

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for checking out my blog!

janna said...

I just saw that recipe this morning -- they look so yummy!