Monday, August 18, 2008

I survived my first overnight at the bakery. I was there for about 10 hours, but it didn't feel like it until I sat down. That is when I realized how tired I was. Cake batter and buttercream are heavy as are the bowls they are mixed in and I am not used to being on my feet for that long. Tonight I get en extern from the school I will be attending, and she will be working under me. Wacky, I know. Her name is Chelsey, so there is probably going to be some confusion. Usually I will be working alone, but the intern will be around for 2 weeks, I believe. I enjoyed the work quite a bit and I really like my boss. I was awake for over 24 hours yesterday, went to bed about 11:30 this morning, woke up a few times, but finally got out of bed at 8:00. I feel much better after some sleep. All I know, is my arms are going to ripped, I hope, from all the heavy lifting. I leave for my next shift in about an hour.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It'll take some getting used to, but at least you're having fun!

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

It sounds like it's a good fit. It will take awhile to adjust to the new schedule but hopefully you'll start getting more and better sleep.