Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's so hard figuring out what to do with all our stuff in the new place. We are unpacking only what we really need and probably a few things we don't so it makes our next move easier. We are without a couch because it is one less thing to move later and our seating in the living room is a bit awkward right now. I am currently using one of those cheap butterfly chairs from the college section at Target, which I acquired while I was living in the dorms. It takes skill to get out of it. We have red folding chairs for our dining table and most of my baking supplies site on top of the kitchen cabinets. Our two table lamps don't have lamp shades because we didn't realize how expensive they are when we decided to trash the set from the eighties when we moved. It doesn't help that our laundry is in three different piles in three different rooms. I should really get on that. At least it is nice and cool today, almost too the point of chilly. Love it! I despise summer unless it is cooler than 85F and low humidity than I can accept it.

I have started another knitting project and might actually work on it or some socks today since I will be hanging around here doing laundry until I run out or quarters. I also have a baby blanket I am working on for a family friend's soon to be born baby, but I seem to have misplaced it. Grr...

I must say, I am quite jealous of my sister's new place b/c she has a washer and dryer in her apartment. I guess considering all the trouble she has had with her stupid car, she deserves a washer a dryer more than I do. That thing will end up costing her almost $1000 dollars including the rental cars, extra travel expenses, and the repair costs. I feel so bad for her. She's at the point where she doesn't even want to look at that car, and I can't blame her. A relatively new car with such low mileage shouldn't have that many problems, but according to the mechanics at the dealership, they have had several of them in for the same parts. At least one of the things that was replaced, the computer, was still under warranty. Send good car vibes her way!

My car is still crushed, but at least it is running. I hope the alternator is fine because we jumped it again last night and drove it around a bit to hopefully charge the battery and it started earlier this morning. We are going to pull that battery out later and take it to Auto Zone because they will charge it for free and then check the alternator for free as well. Nice! It will be heading to the body shop on Monday and we get a rental car courtesy of Mr. Escalade's insurance company. If my little car was going to get hit by anyone, I am glad it was this guy. He has the connections and good insurance. I thought the adjustor for the insurance company would total my car, which I didn't want to deal with right now. I want this car for at least another two years, if it can make it. I want to buy a house before I deal with buying a car.

I guess I should get started on that laundry.

No comments: