Saturday, February 28, 2004

nothing broken

I am finally home!!! 17 hours after I first left my apartment this morning I am finally back for more than 20 minutes. I am SO tired.

My day started out with a little skiing. I had never skied before until today. All the beginners, and my dad, got a little lesson. We were taught how to slow ourselves down, turn and ride the ski lift. I think riding the lift was my favorite part. Our instructor was great, he even learned many of our names. I "mastered" the bunny slope and decided to try another, supposedly slightly harder slope. It took me forever to get down it. I kept going too fast and had to stop without killing myself. It also got kinda icy at the end, which got a little scary. I kept thinking back to my mountain biking accident where I decided to try the harder trail and ended up screwing up my shoulder. I made it down and didn't break any part of myself. I called it a success. I think I would probably go again.

After a 2 second shower and throwing some clothes on, I left again. This time I went to the Vagina Monologues with a couple of my friends from the lab. It isn't really my thing so I went with them just to see what it was like. It was entertaining and funny and I liked the way they supported women's' rights, but I think it was just a little much for me. After that it was decided that we needed Shamrock shakes from McDonald's. I went to one of my friend's apartment while the guys went and got the shakes then we watched a few episodes of Sex and the City. I am still not sure of my opinion of that show. It is my friend's favorite show and she has been insisting that I watch it for a few weeks now.

Tomorrow I am heading to Delhi to watch my sister compete in a speech competition. I don't know when or where it is, so hopefully I find that out sometime tomorrow.

No comments: