Saturday, February 28, 2004

Wearing flip flops in India

I actually didn't really go to India if you were all wondering. I went to Delhi, IOWA, and I wore flip flops. I love flip flops. I have way too many pairs of them. I went to Delhi while wearing flip flops to see my sister perform her tribute to the 80's for a speech contest. When Lexsea saw me walk into the Delhi High School gym she ran to me and jumped on me wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. This is how she usually greets me. It's kinda cute.

Lex did a really good job with her speech. She started out singing Do You Really Want to Hurt Me which then got stuck in my head for the rest of the afternoon, and again now, since I started thinking about it again. Then she covered music, hair styles, spandex and sweatbands. It was pretty funny and she got a "I" rating which means she now goes to state. The only thing wrong with her presentation was her jeans and here hairspray. She didn't get the French roll right and she didn't have a nice big bottle of Aquanet. I will need to work on that with her.

I think my sister cursed me. As I was driving back from Delhi tonight, I almost hit a deer. Luckily I was able to stop in plenty of time. We don't need another deer wrecked car in this house. I didn't tell my mom when she called me earlier. There was no need to freak her out.

I got a fake gas station cappuccino on the drive back. I hadn't had one in a very long time. I went into that gas station with every intention of getting a normal coffee and when I saw the fake cappuccino machine I couldn't resist. I think it was because Amanda mentioned how good they are awhile ago.

My friend Joanna was just here and she noticed my wallpaper is the cast of Firefly. She is a huge Buffy/Angel fan as well and she got freaked out because the actors that played Caleb and Jasmine, from Buffy and Angel respectively, are part of the cast. Xander losing his eye to Caleb has traumatized her.

I need some more diet cream soda.

No comments: