Monday, May 14, 2007

Jaywalking and a wedding

I have started my third pair of socks. I thought I should get a little more practice in before I knit for my Sockapalooza pal.

jaywalker leg

These are Jaywalkers by Grumperina. I am using Trekking XXL on 3.25mm Knit Picks circs. The cuff was done on 2.5mm circs. They are a little tight, but I didn't want to have to start these again and I don't have any larger needles that will work. This is the fourth time. I will probably go in to more details when I finish them. Here's a close-up of the zig zag. It's a little blurry. I think I like dpns better than two circs, but I don't have any dpns in the correct size. I don't need to be spending extra money right now.

jaywalker closeup

I love the colors!

My replacements for the needles I broke a few weeks ago arrived on Saturday. I asked for one and they sent me three! They are too nice. I need to send them a thank you email. I found a case for my dpns at Hobby Lobby the other day. It is a plastic pencil case with a drawer that slides out and snaps in the front to keep it closed. It is just the right size and only cost $1!

Saturday was the Corey's wedding. I wore my new dress and shoes and showed off my new hair cut. I received a compliment from a stranger (the maid of honor) about my dress and shoes, which felt nice. I usually get told by old men at church that I look nice :) the blisters on the back of my heels don't feel too nice. Actually, no one noticed the hair, including my mom. My mom was too busy being busy. She was helping set up for the reception and flowers and couldn't let herself relax. Her feet were really swollen but we had a hard time convincing her to sit down. Josh came with me and met a lot of people from The Dora. He and Jeph had matching outfits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got that same color in trekking xxl and i wanted to see how they would do in the jaywalker pattern. thank you so much. yours look fantastic!! :-)