Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thanks for all the helpful comments and discussion about cameras yesterday. I think I will get the Canon PowerShot S5 after my next paycheck. I am not quite ready to spend another chunk of money after Christmas, traveling, a new computer and my car's lack of registration issues. I have the money, I just don't want to part with it yet. Maybe after my birthday. I will most likely get some more money as gifts to put towards it anyway.

Speaking of my birthday, I am going to make a cake. Shocking, I know. But this one is a special cake because I am also going to really decorate it, not just frost it and dump some sprinkles on. I am taking inspiration from this cake. The next UFC is on my birthday and it is also the 20th UFC my friends and I have gotten together to watch. Mine will probably not look as nice. I think I am going to play with some fondant and try my hand at piping the UFC logo, though I may just make it out of fondant and stick it on there.

In other completely unrelated non-news, I just found these instructions for making a self-watering planter. I think I may make myself one for a little herb garden. Unless the farmer's market is going on, it is impossible to find herbs that are fresh and not overpriced. I like this little box because it could sit on my kitchen table, and I wouldn't forget to water it.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I always peel fondant off before I eat cake. I think it tastes gross, but I seem to be in the minority, since it's so popular.

Libby said...

I have to agree with Amanda. But it looks so incredibly pretty all smooth and nice. One of the only preferences my husband had related to our wedding was - no fondant.

I think I am in the minority as well about eating it though.

I'm sure your cake will be a masterpiece. And as much as I love the look of fondant, I would never even think to attempt it myself. Go you!

Megan said...

GSP! GSP!

Think we should start a UFC group on Ravelry?