Sunday, July 27, 2008

I am watching an episode of the X-Files that takes place in Okobogee,IA[sic]. Not only did they misspell Okoboji, but there were really large hills or really small mountains surrounding the lake. If you have ever seen Iowa you can be sure that isn't likely. I admit to never seeing These lakes myself. Also they showed what looked like 3 wolves at a grave site, which is unlikely since it is Iowa. Oh well, they can't get everything right.

I am unemployed and tomorrow I leave for MN. Josh is already there and said it won't feel like home until I get there. Now isn't that just sweet? He has his moments. I am tired and sore and my fingernails hurt from all the scrubbing I did. I even scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand and while it looks nice and clean the crap they put on there is a dirt magnet. If I walked in there with bare feet to make dinner or something, the bottom of my feet would be black with the dirt. This just amazes me since neither of us regularly wear shoes in there and with the exception of the last two months or so, cleaned it at least every other weekend.

Ok, so I am going to finish the episode and go to bed so I can load the last bit of stuff, make one more pass with vacuum and dust rag and hopefully get my deposit back tomorrow morning.

We will be without internet for awhile since we can get it cheaper if we are already cable customers, so if you don't hear from me for awhile, that would be why. There are about a million Caribou Coffee's up there so I won't be completely internetless.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RadioactiveUnicorn said...

Good luck in Minnesota!

AndreaLea said...

I can't believe you're moving tomorrow! Best of luck to you in MN.

I'm looking forward to your review of the X-Files movie. I get the impression that you'll be seeing it shortly after it comes out. :)

janna said...

Gook luck in Minnesota, and good luck in finding a job! If you're ever back in IC, stop by to see us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea,

I wanted to write to you, but couldn't find your email, so thought I'd leave a comment instead. We at Wowzio have build some beautiful and engaging widgets for your blog.
These pull up content, images & user-activity from your blog automatically, auto update, and are free of charge. Please take a look at the "Panoramic Slideshow", "Live Activity" and "Feed Content" widget for your blog at
See Wowzio Widgets for Your Blog

I apologize for having to leave a comment, please note it is not my intent to spam you.

Thx-Alisha
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Libby said...

Best of luck on your move!

As a child, we went to "Okobogee" every summer. But, apparently I missed the mountains. We always stayed at really crappy cabins near the Spirit Lake Massacre memorial, but I don't recall the wolves.